Monday, May 18, 2009

Night Shooting



Well, on Sunday night I got pretty restless...so I went out for a drive, with my camera of course. I found my way around Surrey; I stopped beneath Alex Fraser Bridge and got this image...




After spending some time on a railway line, in the dark, I moved on to the SkyTrain Suspension Bridge near King George Highway. Now, this photo has an interesting ending. I drove down a side road off of Scott Road, down towards the bridges, and parked in a pub parking lot. I saw a sign that mentioned something about fees for boat-launching so I assumed it was a public area. So I entered and spent about 15-20 minutes setting up a few shots, one of which will be shown later. After taking this awesome shot of the bridge I packed up and started walking back to my car. As I was walking back I noticed a shadowy figure walking across the lot! "WHO ARE YOU!?!" The voice of an old drunk man! I basically told him I was taking photos of the bridge. "GET OUTA HERE! OR I'LL TAKE A PHOTO OF YOU...*insert curse words here*..." he said. So I kept on walking and he kept on yelling! It was really quite something to experience. Especially in a totally unlit parking lot! CREEPY! So, after all that....here are the two AWESOME images I captured in a creepy dark parking lot!!! Ready....

No comments:

About This Blog

We <3 Photography! What more can we say? Heard Images is made up of husband & wife team, Matt & Claire Heard. They currently reside in Surrey, British Columbia.