Monday, May 4, 2009

Photo Editing with PS CS3







Photo Editing with PS CS3:



Hi, Matt here. I would like to share a little of my most recent photo shop work. Claire and I made a trip to Penticton, where I took this photo of an old classic car on the outskirts of the little town o' Hedley. To the right is the original photo in all it's un-edited glory. Using PS CS3 (Photo Shop Creative Suite 3) I made some alterations, by creating a black and white back ground using the original photo. After creating two seperate layers, one as black and white and the other in full color, I placed the black white layer on top and the color layer on the bottom. In short form, I erased the black and white color on the top layer to reveal a "hidden" red color beneath. The trick is to erase ONLY the parts of the upper layer that were originally red. Sounds tricky but it's pretty simple...it just takes FOREVER! This finished product, complete with color replacement and enhancement of the visible red, is what I have posted for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for reading!
Matt Heard


No comments:

About This Blog

We <3 Photography! What more can we say? Heard Images is made up of husband & wife team, Matt & Claire Heard. They currently reside in Surrey, British Columbia.