Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Modern Boutonniere

Buttoneer, bootawnear, boutonier...??? Ok, I was never THAT bad at spelling the dang thing, but I never got it right on the first attempt!

Since being asked to photograph 2 weddings(so far!) this summer I have been a flurry of excitement! We only got married just over 3 1/2 years ago, but so many things in the wedding world have changed! For the better I might add... And I'm catching myself doing a little too much research on the whole wedding topic. "Hey babe, can we have another wedding? Maybe we should renew our vows every 5 years or so!" Yep. I'd love to do that. (it'll never happen.) I can hear him cringing in the next room!

Boutonnieres for example: They used to just be flowers; maybe a little greenery added in and a touch of ribbon. Nowadays you'll see grooms and their boys sporting feathers, wire spirals, even buttons! And I LOVE it! It adds so much personality and authenticity to the whole day!

I think brides need to branch out and look at the different options. And guess what? The more modern boutonniere can easily be cheaper than your traditional flower one! Bonus!

Here's a few pictures of The Modern Boutonniere:

The boutonniere on the bottom left has to be my favourite of the bunch. I love the simplicity and elegance of it. The copper spiraled wire makes it that much more!

Hope this helps you brides out there who are wanting to put a modern twist to your special day!

Photos courtesy of Etsy.com

No comments:

About This Blog

We <3 Photography! What more can we say? Heard Images is made up of husband & wife team, Matt & Claire Heard. They currently reside in Surrey, British Columbia.